Your home’s air ducts harbor a lot of dust, pet dander, mold, and mildew. While it may seem out-of-sight-out-of-mind, the buildup of these contaminants can aggravate your allergies, and reduce the energy efficiency of your heating and cooling systems. To improve your indoor air quality and keep your family healthy, it’s a great idea to invest in duct cleaning services in Cedar Rapids, Iowa with Novak Heating and Cooling.
If you notice more dust in your home than usual, are suffering from severe allergies, or have gone many years without a duct cleaning appointment, your time has come! When you schedule a duct cleaning appointment with Novak Heating and Cooling, our licensed technicians will arrive in a power vacuum truck and clean your entire house in a matter of a few hours.
The Air Duct Cleaning Process
When you call Novak to clean your air ducts, you’re investing in the health of your home and the improvement of indoor air quality. Our expert heating, air conditioning, and indoor air quality technicians have all the right duct cleaning tools and equipment to guarantee quality services. Duct cleaning is not a DIY kind of task, and trying to do it yourself can cause issues with your ductwork and won’t be very thorough. There are many steps and specialized equipment needed to clean air ducts, and our team is prepared to help.
- Inspection: The first step is to assess the condition of the HVAC system and its ductwork. Over time, the expanding and contracting of ductwork can cause leaks and cracks to develop. Our team will perform a visual inspection to determine the extent of contamination and identify any potential issues.
- Access Points: During your air duct cleaning, our technicians will need to gain entry to your home and to your ductwork through access points like grills, and registers, and even create temporary openings in your ductwork if necessary.
- Agitation: To dislodge clogs of dust and other contaminants, we use special brushes and air whips to agitate the debris built up in your air ducts.
- Vacuuming: A normal vacuum hose or a shop vac won’t clean your air ducts. You need a special vacuum that creates negative pressure within the air ducts to prevent it from circulating back into the home.
- Cleaning and Final Inspection: Air duct cleaning can be a messy job, and our team lays down the right materials to protect your home from dust and debris that come out of the ducts. Once the ducts are cleaned, we will make sure that your home is as clean as when we arrived and will inspect your air ducts once more to make sure everything looks as it should.
Signs You're Due For Air Duct Cleaning Services
Many homeowners ask us how often they should have their air ducts cleaned. It is truly up to the homeowner if they want to follow a regular duct cleaning cadence or if they want duct cleaning services following particular events in their home. On average, we recommend duct cleaning services every 5-8 years. However, if you’ve experienced any of the following, you might want to consider having your ducts cleaned sooner:
- Dust Accumulation Around Registers: When your house seems excessively dusty suddenly, it’s a common sign that air duct cleaning services are needed.
- Unexplained Allergies and Respiratory Issues: While many family members may suffer from seasonal allergies, if multiple family members are suffering, it’s a good idea to have your ducts cleaned to provide them relief.
- Pest Infestation: Ductwork is dark and a safe place for animals and pests to hide. If you’ve recently had your home fumigated or had an exterminator remove pests from your home, duct cleaning is a good idea to make sure that any nests or debris that these pests may have left behind in your ductwork is removed.
- Hot and Cold Spots Around Your Home: When your air ducts are clogged with dust, it can make it hard for conditioned air to reach certain rooms of your home. If you find that your home is an inconsistent temperature, duct cleaning may help restore airflow and help your home feel more comfortable throughout.
- Strange Odors: If your home has a musty odor to it, mold and mildew could be growing in your air ducts. Quality duct cleaning services can remove mold spores from spreading throughout your home.
- Recent Home Renovations: Paint, new furniture, cleaning products, and other construction materials can not only generate a lot of dust in your home, but they can also contain volatile organic compounds (VOCs) which can be hazardous to your health if you’re exposed to them for long periods of time. Duct cleaning will restore cleaner air to your home.
Benefits of Duct Cleaning Services
When you invest in duct cleaning services in your Cedar Rapids, IA home, you can reap the many benefits of cleaner air.
- Fewer Allergy or Respiratory Flareups: Cleaner air means fewer allergens in the air that make you sneeze. You and your family will be able to breathe easier once your air ducts are cleaned.
- Better Indoor Comfort: Air duct cleaning can remove clogs and other debris which can make the air circulate around your home easier. You may notice that your home is at a more even temperature following your duct cleaning appointment.
- Elimination of Odors: A smelly home can be embarrassing. Duct cleaning removes the pests, mold, mildew, and other contaminants that make your home smell.
- Less Dust: If you’re sick of dusting and vacuuming your carpet frequently, air duct cleaning services can remove a lot of the dust around your home so you won’t have to clean as often.
Schedule Air Duct Cleaning in Your Cedar Rapids Home Today
Novak is a locally owned heating and cooling company with exceptional duct cleaning services. Many of our reviews from customers praise our good service and customer care. Contact our team today to schedule duct cleaning services in your Cedar Rapids, IA home today.