Hiawatha, IA Air Conditioning Repair
You rely on your central air conditioning system to keep your home cool throughout the summer. But a system that is blowing out warm air, not cooling your home effectively, disrupting your life with loud noises, or not working at all can be a very frustrating experience. If you’ve noticed some of these issues in your Hiawatha, IA home, then it’s time to call for air conditioning repairs.
Novak Heating, Air, and Duct Cleaning offers air conditioning repair services in Hiawatha, IA. We service all brands and models of air conditioners and we would be happy to restore your home to the proper comfort levels you deserve. Take a look at our air conditioning repair services below, and reach out to us to schedule an appointment with a member of our team.
What Are Some of the Most Common Air Conditioning Repairs We Handle?
There are a number of common air conditioning repair issues that we can address, including:
No Cool Air
If your air conditioner is not putting out any cold air, this is a serious problem. Sometimes this is caused by a lack of refrigerant or a clogged duct system. Although it might seem silly, be sure to check that your thermostat is set to “cool” instead of “heat” before calling for help.
Short cycling means that your HVAC system is turning on and off before it finishes a cooling cycle. You’ll want to solve short cycling issues right away as this issue can be damaging to your system if it persists for a long period of time. When your home can’t reach the proper temperature you’ve set on your thermostat, give us a call right away.
Rising Energy Bills
Once you turn your air conditioning unit on for the summer, be sure to monitor your energy bills. If you notice a sudden increase, then you probably need AC repair service. A sudden spike in energy bills is a common sign that your cooling system is working harder than it should, and AC services will restore your system to peak efficiency.
If you notice that your air conditioner is leaking, we need to figure out where the leak is coming from. Common causes of a leaking air conditioner include a clogged condensate drain line, a cracked drain pan, and a refrigerant leak.
If your air conditioner is making a lot of strange noises, this could be a sign that the internal components are grinding against each other. Cooling systems usually don’t make noises louder than a hum. If you hear banging, screeching, grinding, or rattling noises coming from your unit, you should call for repairs right away.
Turning on your air conditioner for the first time might emit an odor for a minute, but this should dissipate quickly. Burning, musty, or rotten smells that linger should be investigated right away.
How Can You Prevent Repair Problems From Developing?
Even though we can certainly fix problems with your air conditioner, we also want to prevent them from coming back. There are a number of important tips you need to follow if you want to prevent issues from developing with your air conditioner. They include:
- Routine Maintenance: Every year, you should schedule annual AC maintenance in the spring. Even though you may feel like nothing is wrong with your air conditioner, you still need to stay on top of routine maintenance. This can extend the lifespan of your air conditioner and prevent issues from developing.
- Reduce Stress: Demanding that your house be the same temperature as the inside of your refrigerator in the summer is very stressful on your unit. Energy.gov recommends setting your AC to 68 degrees to keep your unit energy efficient, your home cool, and your system working reliably.
- Enroll in a Maintenance Plan: Novak has a Worry Free Maintenance plan that includes seasonal tune ups of both your heating and cooling equipment. We’ll call you to create an appointment around your schedule to keep your HVAC systems working properly in every season.
Should You Repair or Replace Your Air Conditioner?
It’s not abnormal to call a heating and air conditioning company to repair your cooling system now and again. Not every needed repair signals the end of your air conditioner’s life. When your cooling system isn’t performing as it should, only a qualified HVAC technician can diagnose the best cure for your unit. If you’re wondering whether air conditioner repairs are worth it or not, consider the following:
You Should Replace Your Air Conditioner If…
- Your unit is over 15 years old
- It’s been operating poorly and has needed frequent repairs
- Your energy bills have been high
- Repairing your unit would cost more than replacing it
You Should Repair Your Air Conditioner If…
- You haven’t needed many repairs in the past
- It’s a simple repair that is affordable
- Your unit is younger than 10 years old
- You’ve kept up on annual maintenance and your unit runs reliably
Contact Novak for Air Conditioning Repairs in Hiawatha, IA
In the end, these are just a few of the most important factors you need to keep in mind when you are trying to figure out how to get your air conditioner fixed. At Novak Heating, Air & Duct Cleaning, we believe that all individuals and families in the Hiawatha, Iowa area deserve to have a comfortably cool home. Give us a call today to speak to a member of our team to schedule air conditioning repair service.