Duct Cleaning in Marion, IA
If you want your HVAC system to work as efficiently as possible, you need to pay attention to your ducts. Unfortunately, many homeowners in Marion, IA tend to ignore their ductwork until there’s a problem. Instead, it’s much better to invest in regular duct cleaning from Novak Heating and Air. This way, you can be sure you’re getting the most out of your HVAC system and not wasting energy.
Duct cleaning services in Marion, IA are incredibly helpful in managing your seasonal allergies improving comfort throughout your home, and helping with HVAC energy efficiency. Dirty ductwork can lead to many respiratory issues, particularly if mold is growing within the system. At Novak Heating and Air, we’re committed to providing the best duct cleaning services for residents in the Marion, IA area.
What's Involved in Duct Cleaning?
Your home’s HVAC system consists of many individual elements, including the heater, air conditioner, vents, and ductwork. Since the ducts weave throughout the house, cleaning the whole system can be challenging, which is why we recommend hiring a professional HVAC company with the proper tools to ensure a thorough cleaning. While you can do some cleaning yourself, it’s difficult to deep clean everything.
During our duct cleaning services, we’ll first inspect the system to see how dirty it is. Then, we’ll work from one end to the other, handling tasks like:
- Gain Access – We’ll need to clean your air ducts from inside your home. We will attach our vacuum to the vents and register in your home, and we may need to cut temporary access holes in your vents to ensure we can reach every nook and cranny of your duct system.
- Agitating and Vacuuming – Before, we vacuum, we’ll use a special brush that will break apart clogs and buildup within your ducts. Then, we’ll use a commercial vacuum system that creates negative pressure to remove dust and other elements.
- Inspecting – We’ll also inspect the condition of your air ducts for holes and leaks. Leaks can cause rodents and vermin to infiltrate your air ducts and can make nests. We can patch holes to prevent them from entering your ducts again. Following your air duct cleaning, we will test your system to make sure it’s working properly.
How Often Should I Clean My Ducts?
On average, Marion, IA, residents should clean their ducts about every five to eight years. However, there are a few variables that could shorten this timeframe, such as:
- Owning Pets – Pet dander and fur can get everywhere, as pet owners can attest. Unfortunately, these particles can get sucked into the HVAC system, clogging the filters and making the ducts dirty. The more pets you have, the more often you should get the ductwork cleaned. You may also want to change out your air filters more frequently as they can be quickly clogged up with pet hair.
- Living in a Pollen-Heavy Area – If your neighborhood has a lot of pollen-producing trees, these particles can get trapped in your ducts more easily. Ideally, you can clean your ducts every spring to ensure you don’t have to worry about allergens for the rest of the year.
- HVAC Usage – If you run your HVAC system every season, you should clean the ducts more often. However, if the system is off for the spring and fall, you can wait longer between cleanings.
- Home Renovations – If you’ve recently had a major home renovation, not only can that create a lot of dust that is hiding your air ducts, the VOCs could be hiding in there too. Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) are common in building materials, paint, cleaning products, and new furniture. Long-term exposure to VOCs can cause health issues and duct cleaning can remove these particles from the air.
Benefits of Regular Duct Cleaning
If you’re not sure why your home’s ducts need a full cleaning, here are some of the primary advantages of calling Novak Heating and Air to take care of this job for you:
Lower Utility Bills
The more dust and debris that collects in the ducts, the less air that can move through the system. The longer you go between cleanings, the higher your utility bills will get. Eventually, your HVAC system will have to work much harder to maintain your ideal interior temperature. When this happens, your energy bills will start to skyrocket.
Fewer Allergens in the Air
If you find yourself sneezing or coughing frequently, the problem could be mold and other pollutants in the ducts. You may notice frequent allergy symptoms while your HVAC system is running. You may want to invest in regular duct cleaning if you’ve already bought an air filtration system for your home. In many cases, cleaner ducts can help solve the problem.
Better Heating and Cooling Efficiency
When your HVAC system is running smoothly, you’ll notice a difference. Your home will reach your desired temperature much faster, and it won’t have to cycle as much to keep the same climate. Clean ducts can go a long way toward ensuring your HVAC system is running as efficiently as possible.
Less Dust In Your Home
If you find that you need to frequently dust and vacuum your home, cleaning your air ducts can cut down on the main source of dust in your home. You will notice that your home is cleaner, your air smells better, and you won’t need to vacuum and dust as often.
Use Novak Heating and Cooling For Your Duct Cleaning Needs
At Novak Heating and Cooling, we’re committed to helping you and your family stay comfortable all year long. From duct cleaning to HVAC maintenance and repair, our team provides the best service possible. If you live in Marion, IA, and want a cleaner home, contact us today!
ASK US A QUESTION
Having trouble? Novak Heating and Cooling is here to help you with your systems needs. Ask us a question today and we will get back to you soon!