Heat Pump Installation in Hiawatha, IA
Homeowners throughout the Cedar Rapids area are looking for ways to make their homes more sustainable and energy efficient. This also comes with the added benefit of lower energy bills too. One way to do this is to add an air-source heat pump to your home. An air-source heat pump is an HVAC system that can both heat and cool your home. These systems are 300% more efficient than a traditional split system composed of an air conditioner and furnace. Heat pumps work by transferring heat from outside the home into the home, and then work in reverse to provide cool air in the home. They do not burn any fossil fuels and provide better indoor air quality too.
If this sounds appealing to you, talk to the Hiawatha, IA heat pump installation specialists at Novak Heating, Cooling, and Duct Cleaning. Our team can help you find the best system for your home and professionally install it for you. We’ll explain what a heat pump is, the benefits of heat pumps if you don’t have one, and when to replace your heat pump.
How Does a Heat Pump Work?
Instead of generating heat with natural gas or electricity like furnaces, heat pumps transfer heat from one space to another using only electricity. During the heating process, the energy from outdoor air is pressurized and transferred through refrigerant to the inside of your home. The indoor unit releases this stored energy to warm your indoor space. The process works in reverse as you change from heating mode to cooling mode. When cooling your home, the energy from the indoor air is pressurized and transferred to the outside. This removes the heat from inside your home and releases the energy outside to lower the indoor air temperature.
Novak Heating, Air, and Duct Cleaning has helped modernize hundreds of homes in the Hiawatha, IA area with heat pump installation services. Not only can you count on us to add a new system to your home, you can continue to rely on us for services throughout the life of your heat pump. We are happy to provide you with repairs when something goes wrong, and maintenance to keep your system working dependably every season.
Discover The Advantages Of Installing A Heat Pump
If you’re considering replacing your current HVAC equipment, consider a heat pump. Here are some of the advantages of making the switch.
- Energy Efficiency: Heat pumps are more energy-efficient than traditional heating and cooling systems, as they transfer heat rather than generate it. This can result in lower energy bills.
- Convenience: Heat pumps can both heat and cool your home, eliminating the need for separate heating and cooling systems. One unit can do it all which can make maintenance and repairs easy. However, many Hiawatha, IA area homeowners keep their furnaces as a backup heating source. If the weather gets too cold for your system to run efficiently, your furnace will automatically kick on. This is called a “dual fuel” system, and it ensures that your home will always be warm while using significantly less natural gas.
- Better Air Quality: Heat pumps help to circulate and filter the air in your home, which can lead to better indoor air quality. When paired with ductless mini splits, you can improve the indoor air quality in your home even more.
- Environmentally Friendly: Heat pumps use less energy and emit fewer greenhouse gasses than traditional heating and cooling systems, making them a more environmentally friendly option.
- Consistent Temperature: Heat pumps provide a more consistent temperature throughout your home, without the hot and cold spots that can occur with traditional heating and cooling systems.
Should I Upgrade My Heat Pump?
Once you have a heat pump installed, you can count on Novak for quality heat pump services. We can inspect or repair your heat pump whenever you’re experiencing an issue and help keep it working reliably throughout its service life. However, there will eventually come a time when it will need to be replaced. The professional technicians at Novak explain how to tell when you should start considering upgrading your heat pump system to a new unit.
Heat pumps generally have a long lifecycle upwards of 10-15 years or more, but they do wear out, more so if they are not well-maintained. As your system ages, repairs and issues will become more frequent. A technician from Novak can tell you how old your system is and if a new one is in your best interest.
Energy Bills are Rising
Replacement of a heat pump is no small expense, but when your monthly energy bills begin to increase without a change in usage, it is time to consider the possibility of replacement services. Heat pump maintenance and repairs can help lower your energy consumption, but if they don’t seem to make a difference, then it might make more sense to replace your unit.
When you are faced with shelling out cash for frequent repairs, consider investing that money into a new system. It’s not abnormal to need one or two heat pump repairs a season, but any more than that is a cause for concern.
Want to Make The Switch To A Heat Pump? Talk to Novak
Novak is Hiawatha, IA’s trusted heating and cooling company. We have all the tools and services to replace, repair and maintain your entire HVAC system. This includes things like air ducts, indoor air quality solutions, and even heat pumps. When you want to conserve energy while staying comfortable in your home, making the switch to a heat pump is the smart choice. Talk to Novak today to schedule an estimate for heat pump installation services in your Hiawatha home.