Duct Cleaning in Hiawatha, IA
Your home’s HVAC system is vital for keeping you and your family comfortable all year long. However, while the heater or air conditioner are essential elements, what about the ductwork? Your home’s ducts distribute the air, and when they’re dirty or clogged, your entire system doesn’t work as effectively.
When you’re looking for duct cleaning services in Hiawatha, IA, turn to the HVAC experts at Novak Heating and Air. Our team can help make your heating and cooling systems work more effectively, improve your home’s indoor air quality, and improve the comfort of your home. Call us today to schedule an appointment.
Why is Duct Cleaning Important?
Cleaning your home’s ducts is essential for several reasons, such as:
Your HVAC system pulls air from the outside, including pollen and other allergens. When your duct system is working properly, some of these particles get trapped in the filter, while the rest will circulate through the air in your home through the air ducts. Especially if your air filter is clogged and you haven’t been consistent about replacing it.
If you or anyone in your family is allergic to dust, pollen, mold spores, or other particles, regular duct cleaning can help. It’s also a good idea to change your air filter every 30-90 days to prevent these particles from spreading through your ductwork.
Better Heating and Cooling Efficiency
The ducts are necessary for transporting hot or cold air throughout the house. When they’re clogged or dirty, the air won’t move through as efficiently, meaning your HVAC system has to work harder. Overall, duct cleaning can help your heater or air conditioner work better so you can stay comfortable during summer or winter.
Lower Utility Bills
When your HVAC system works better, you don’t need to use as much energy to keep it running. You may notice lower energy bills after duct cleaning too.
Less Dust In Your Home
If you find that you need to frequently dust and vacuum your home, cleaning your air ducts can cut down on the main source of dust in your home. You will notice that your home is cleaner, your air smells better, and you won’t need to vacuum and dust as often.
How Often Should You Clean Your Ducts?
There are a few variables that can affect how often you should clean your ducts. These variables can include:
- Pets – Having dogs or cats in the house can lead to an increase in fur and dander, which clog the filters faster. In this case, you may need duct cleaning every other year. If you have multiple pets, you may need an annual cleaning.
- Seasonality – Iowa can get some pretty hot summers and cold winters, but you may not use your HVAC system much during the spring or fall. If you’re running your HVAC system during high allergy seasons, there may be more pollen in your system.
- Environmental Factors – If you live in an area with a lot of trees and other plants around, pollen and allergens will get sucked into your HVAC system more often. So, you’ll need to clean the ducts more than someone who lives in a much emptier area.
- Home Renovations – Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) are common in building materials, cleaning products, and new furniture. If you’ve recently had a major home renovation, not only can that create a lot of dust that is hiding your air ducts, the VOCs could be hiding in there too. Long-term exposure to VOCs can cause health issues and duct cleaning can remove these particles from the air.
Overall, you should plan to clean your HVAC ducts between five and eight years. If you schedule a furnace tune-up with Novak Heating and Air, we can inspect the ducts to see whether they need cleaning or not.
Signs Your Ducts Need Cleaning
If you can’t remember the last time your ducts were cleaned, you’re likely overdue for service. However, there are a few other warning signs that your ducts are dirty and need to be cleaned:
- Visible Particles in the Air – If you start seeing dust and other particles floating in the air, or accumulating around your registers and vents, then you need to get a thorough cleaning.
- Increased Respiratory Issues – Allergens can trigger sneezing, even if you’re not specifically allergic to anything. In some cases, allergens like mold may be growing in the ducts which can cause respiratory problems and allergy flare-ups.
- Higher Utility Bills – When your ducts are clogged, the HVAC system has to work harder to move air through them. So, if your bills are creeping up month after month, the ducts could be the problem.
- Vermin Infestation – The expanding and contracting of ducts creates holes over time that animals and pests can get in through. If you’ve had your home exterminated recently because of a vermin infestation, duct cleaning can remove any carcasses, nests, or droppings that they’ve left behind.
Schedule Duct Cleaning With Novak Heating and Air in Your Hiawatha, IA Home
Duct cleaning doesn’t have to disrupt your life, nor does it have to be expensive. Novak Heating and Air is committed to ensuring your HVAC system works as efficiently as possible. So, our HVAC technicians can come out and remove allergens and other particles from your ducts and vents. Once you experience the difference, you’ll wonder why you didn’t schedule a cleaning visit before. Don’t wait until the sneezing starts – schedule an appointment with Novak today.
ASK US A QUESTION
Having trouble? Novak Heating and Cooling is here to help you with your systems needs. Ask us a question today and we will get back to you soon!